3 month probation period. Hourly salary between $19 and $22 + benefits + year end bonus based on performance appraisal.
The ground worker must assist the climber and complete the ground crew tasks while following all safety protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the climber and team lead
- Rope control
- Equipment organization
- Rigging tasks
- Participate in the ground crew tasks
- Branch chipping
- Site cleaning
- Cutting and limbing
- Equipment maintenance
- Post-Secondary diploma in Arboriculture or a related discipline
- Optional certifications; first aid, chainsaw safety course, WHMIS, traffic control
- Be in good physical condition
- Must work well within a team
- Integrity and reliability
- Valid driver’s license
Working hours vary according to season and temperature. Winter is considered our low season and it is possible that some employees might be laid off. During our peak season, working days may be longer than 8 hours.
This job requires standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy objects, and doing repetitive tasks with short breaks.