3 month probation period. Hourly salary between $25 and $30 + benefits + year end bonus based on performance appraisal.
The ground worker must assist the climber and complete the ground crew tasks while following all safety protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform tree maintenance work including but not limited to felling, trimming, pruning, guying, fertilizing, planting, transplanting, detection of health problems, phytosanitary treatments, and injury repairs
- Assist and participate in the ground crew tasks.
- Communicate with the operations manager
- Post-Secondary diploma in Arboriculture or a related discipline
- DZ license
- Certifications; working at heights, first aid, chainsaw safety, WHMIS, traffic control and aerial rescue
- Optional; ISA certificate
- 2 years experience in climbing/arboriculture work
- Be in good physical condition
- Must work well within a team
- Integrity and reliability
Working hours vary according to season and temperature. Winter is considered our low season and it is possible that some employees might be laid off. During our peak season, working days may be longer than 8 hours.
This job requires standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy objects, and doing repetitive tasks with short breaks.